2017 Hyundai Creta
Immaculate and spacious Creta delivers impressive value!
Over the last few years the Creta, has certainly become one of the main players in the smaller size SUV market in South Africa. Racking up sales in excess of 8 000 units since it’s launch in 2017.
Model: 2017 Hyundai Creta Executive 1.6TD (A)
Pre-Owned Price: R 279 994
Mileage: 72 900km
Warranty: Remainder of 5-year/150 000km
Service Plan: Remainder of 5-year/90 000km
Fuel Consumption (combined): 7.4-litres/100km
0-100km/h: 11.9 seconds
Contact: Zipho Mfusi from Hyundai Alberton at (011) 907 3110
Background and condition of vehicle:
- It is difficult to describe just how impressed I was with the condition of this specific Creta.
- A true reflection of how far the Hyundai brand has come regarding quality.
- With more than 70 000km on the clock the vehicle just about looks like new inside and out with the only real indicator that this was in fact a 3-year old vehicle being some shine on the leather clad steering wheel.
- Our test vehicle even came equipped with four brand new 205/65R16 tyres.
- Certainly one of those pre-owned vehicles that has to be seen to be fully appreciated.
Performance and Economy:
- Our Hyundai Creta Executive on test came fitted with a 1.6-litre turbo diesel power unit that is good for 94 Kilowatts of maximum power and 260Nm of torque.
- The slightly older generation engine does compare well with most of it’s counterparts, although slightly less refined.
- The engine is coupled to a six-speed automatic torque converter transmission and driven via the front wheels. The torque converter provides smooth shifts and seems well mated to the diesel power unit.
- Overall performance proved more than decent. The Creta gets off the line without any noticeable turbo lag and especially around town never feels underpowered.
- On the freeway too, the Creta cruises without any real effort.
- The 0-100km/h dash will take you around 11.9-seconds which compares well with most of its rivals at this price point.
- It is also good to know that in diesel guise the Creta is also reasonably economical and will on average only sip 7.4-litres of petrol every 100km.
How does it drive?
- The ride quality on the Creta is certainly commendable. On most road surfaces the Creta soaks up road undulations well, no doubt aided by the highish 65-profile rubber fitted to the vehicle.
- The chassis also proved well balanced for an SUV of this nature as the Creta felt well planted on the road.
- The Power steering seemed well weighted with good feedback, while still being light enough to make driving around town and parking in tight spaces a breeze.
- Although a stability system is absent you do get an ABS braking system with EBD.
Inside the vehicle:
- The Creta cabin is rather a nice place to be.
- The dashboard boasts a neat layout and the fit and finish is exactly what you would expect from a vehicle in this price bracket.
- The materials used in the cabin seemed to be of good quality and looking at the immaculate condition of our Creta after more than 70 000km they also seem durable.
At this price point the Creta certainly seemed very well equipped with features that included the following:
- 6 x airbags
- Central Locking
- ABS braking with EBD
- Electric windows
- Aux and USB port
- Multimedia Infotainment system with screen
- 12V socket
- Multi-function steering wheel
- Full size spare wheel
- Cupholders in central console and doors
- Trip computer
- Rear PDC with rear camera
- Power steering
- Blue tooth phone connectivity
- Satellite navigation
- Leather upholstery
- Leather clad steering wheel
- Various cupholders
Space and Practicality:
- Although the Creta is 20cm shorter than its bigger Tucson stablemate it proved impressively spacious and five adults can comfortably fit on board.
- Storage spaces inside the Creta seemed well thought out and proved very practical. Rear passengers also get the comfort of rear air vents as well as a rear armrest with cupholders.
- The boot offers a decent amount of space at 402-litres and could be increased by folding down the rear seats.
- It is extremely hard to fault our used Creta on test.
- Not only was it still in a pristine condition, but also seemed good value at R 279 994.
- At this price it certainly offers more standard features and interior space than many of it’s competitors.
- The remainder of the excellent 5-year 150 000km warranty and 5-year/90 000km service should further add piece of mind to this great used car buy.
- Good all-round build quality
- Comfortable and spacious at the price
- Great all-round SUV at the price
X Not as characterful as some of its competitors.