2016 Hyundai Accent
Build quality and durability impresses!
The Hyundai brand has certainly grown in leaps and bounds in the last few years. Our used Hyundai Accent is true testimony to this as we could see high levels of build quality and much improved materials ensuring a vehicle that now boast excellent durability. So much so that our Accent on test was still in an exceptionally good condition after 80 100km of mileage. Then there is also the fantastic 5 year/150 000km warranty that accompanies this Accent that would create further piece of mind purchasing this pre-owned Hyundai Accent.
Model: 2016 Hyundai Accent 1.6GLS Fluid (A)
Pre-Owned Price: R 174 994
Mileage: 80 100km
Warranty: Remainder of 5-year/150 000km
Service Plan: Remainder of 5-year/90 000km
Fuel Consumption (combined): 6.4-litres/100km
0-100km/h: 10.5 seconds
Contact: Zipho Mfusi from Hyundai Alberton at (011) 907 3110
Background and condition of vehicle:
- For the most part our test vehicle was still in an immaculate condition, with the only flaws noticed some wear on the silver trim on the bottom of the steering wheel, some fine scratches on the black trim around the gearlever and as expected a few minor stone chips on the front bumper.
- Good news for prospective buyers was that our test vehicle also came fitted with four brand new 185/65R14 tyres.
- A quick look under the engine revealed that all plumbing and wiring seemed in a perfect condition and mechanically we could not find any fault.
Performance and Economy:
- Like most of the Japanese manufacturers Hyundai have not fully climbed on the small capacity turbocharged engine bandwagon yet.
- No surprise then that our Fluid on test comes powered by a normally aspirated 1600cc 16-valve engine.
- This unit produces a very decent 91 Kilowatts of maximum power and a 156Nm of torque.
- Tipping the scales at only 1 035kg ensures that the Fluid delivers very decent performance, but like any normally aspirated engine you still need to use higher engine revolutions to get the best out of it.
- The 0-100km/h sprint takes around 10.5-seconds, while its quoted combined fuel economy figure is 6.4-litres per 100km compares favourably with its rivals.
- Furthermore, the engine seemed quite smooth even at higher engine speeds, although it did become a bit audible inside the cabin when pushing on, as you would expect from a normally aspirated engine.
- The automatic transmission also shifted nicely, although probably not as refined as some of its competitors.
How does it drive?
- Overall, the Hyundai certainly boasts a well-balanced chassis. Therefore, ride comfort on most road surfaces proved more than comfortable.
- The damper set-up did feel a bit firmer than some of its competitors, but on the positive side did ensure that the Fluid is a keen handler.
- The brakes too felt strong, possibly aided by the vehicles relatively low kerb weight and an ABS braking system with EBD.
- The power steering was light and made parking in tight spaces a breeze.
Inside the vehicle:
- Overall the interior design was attractive although fairly plain.
- Plastic materials had a bit of a hard look and feel, but luckily proved soft on the eyes.
- They also seemed of good quality and seemed durable on our test vehicle.
- The upholstery in its dark colours looked pretty and seemed very practical in hiding dirt and blemishes.
- Standard features included the following:
- Driver and passenger airbags
- Central Locking
- ABS braking
- Front electric windows
- USB port
- Radio/CD-player with Bluetooth connectivity
- Power steering
- Multi-function steering wheel
- Rear PDC
- Cupholders in central console and doors
- Trip computer
Space and Practicality:
- The Fluid’s cabin proved spacious enough for a vehicle in this sector of the market, while the boot can also swallow 389-litres of luggage.
- Like some of it’s Japanese rivals the Fluid isn’t exactly a vehicle that will get your heart racing, but rather offers a comfortable driving experience with good levels of reliability and durability which ultimately ensure that it remains a sensible used vehicle buy.
- Further piece of mind is ensured with this used car buy as the service plan and warranty is still in place.
- Good all-round build quality
- Good all-rounder
X Styling might be a bit plain for some