2011 Opel Astra
Used Astra, a great buy for less than a R110 000
Model: 2011 Opel Astra 1.6 Essentia (5-door)
Pre-Owned Price: R 109 890
Mileage: 148 680km
Warranty: Pre-Owned warranty available
Fuel Consumption (combined): 6.3-litres/100km
0-100km/h: 11.7 seconds
Contact: Contact Nic Sillato from Motus Toyota Bedfordview at 087 893 7744
Background and condition of vehicle:
• Although this Astra has clocked up a 148 680 km of mileage I was amazed at its overall condition.
• The interior was apart from a little noticeable wear on the steering wheel and some minor scuff marks here and there in a perfect condition.
• Even the cloth upholstery still looked good, while all the controls were still in a perfect working order.
• So too the exterior still looked good, apart from some minor dents in the left-hand door sill and as expected a few small stone chips on the front bumper and bonnet.
• I also thought the design of the vehicle aged well and thus even compared to newer cars on the market the Astra still appears quite attractive.
Performance and Economy:
• Even by today’s standards this 2001-model Astra power figures compares well to similar engine specification new vehicles on the market.
• Maximum power is pegged at 85kW, while the 1600cc 16-valve engine pushes out a respectable 155Nm of torque.
• The 0-100km/h dash takes around 11.7 seconds, while the vehicle can also reach a top speed of around a 190km/h.
• The 5-speed manual gearbox offers well-spaced ratios that ensure that the Astra can achieve a combined fuel economy figure of 6.3-litres per 100km.
How does it drive?
• Not only was the seating position comfortable, but so too was the ride quality.
• The 5-speed manual box still shifted sweetly between cogs with little effort.
• Noise levels also seemed to be low for a vehicle of this caliber, while no funny vibrations or noises were noticed at all.
Inside the vehicle:
• Although you would predominantly find hard plastic trim in the Astra’s cabin, you do get some soft to the touch trim on the dash of the vehicle, which is impressive considering the vehicle’s age.
• Overall the levels of quality in the cabin was good, while the Essentia also offers a fair amount of luxury and safety features.
- Air-conditioning - Electric windows
- Central Locking - Bluetooth phone connectivity
- Radio with CD-Player - USB connection and 12V port
- On-Board trip computer - Front and side airbags (6)
- Cupholders - Isofix rear seats
- ABS braking with EBD - Traction and stability control
Space and Practicality:
• Considering that most vehicles at this price point is quite small, the Astra offers decent amounts of space.
• The interior offers enough space to accommodate up to 5 adults, while there is 370-litres of boot space available.
• The rear seats can also be folded down to increase loading space.
• The near perfect condition of the boot area also impressed.
Reasons to test drive
• The Astra offers excellent value at a little over a R 100 000 and buyers will have to look far and wide to find a more comfortable hatchback at this price.
• The Astra seems to age well too and thus our test vehicle still looked great.
• Overall a very solid pre-owned vehicle buy.
-Amazingly comfortable at this price.
-Offers excellent value for money.
X Lacking some modern features like an infotainment system.